This modality takes into account body, mind and spirit in assessing the cause of disease/dysfunction.
It allows Dr. Ingendaay to support you fully on your path to wellness and address the deeper emotional needs and issues as well as the physical problems at hand. It deeply elicits your inner healing potential.
What conditions can acupuncture address?
In essence, Acupuncture can address a wide variety of conditions as it supports a person’s innate intelligence to regulate themselves.
Some of these are listed below:
- Musculo-skeletal: pain in joints, neck and back, muscles etc…, whether due to trauma, inflammation or degenerative disease.
- Nervous system: migraine headaches, insomnia, dizziness, fatigue
- Digestion: food allergies, gastritis and peptic ulcer disease, irritable bowel syndrome…
- Respiration: sinusitis, asthma, allergies and bronchitis.
- Circulation: high blood pressure, angina pectoris, heart palpitations
- Immune system: frequent infections and auto-immune disorders.
- Hormones: menstrual cycle and menopause issues, thyroid and adrenal disorders
- Fertility for both women and men.
- Cravings: sugar, carbohydrates, caffeine, processed food, nicotine, alcohol
- Emotions and stress: anxiety, depression, trauma, fatigue and a wide variety of other stress patterns.
WHY FIVE ELEMENTS?
Five Element Acupuncture is based on Taoist principles and includes determining your constitutional type. This relates to your source of greatest strength and greatest vulnerability. By giving it support, I optimize my chances to kindle your innate ability to balance and heal yourself. This in turn not only allows disease to resolve but also gives you new strength and vitality.
See our free e-book “Thriving in the Modern World, With Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine”
What can I expect from my first treatment?
The first session will be focused primarily on getting to know you. You will be sharing your concerns and your history. The intake includes a thorough evaluation and exam, as well as a treatment plan.
The treatment plan usually involves a series of six treatments on a weekly basis, after which we reevaluate to see what your needs and goals are. Some people just come to have one issue cleared while others wish to continue being supported.
Oftentimes, patients feel a sense that “something right is happening.” This may take the form of feeling relaxed, relieved, joyful or simply “right”. Some patients do not feel the effect right away, the benefits start manifesting in the course of the next few days.
Do you use Chinese herbs?
No, the 5-Element Classical Acupuncture tradition stands on its own, without the support of herbs.
Does acupuncture hurt?
Generally, acupuncture is not painful. The very fine needles are introduced gently and slowly. Most often, they are inserted for only a brief moment. There are points on the body that have a lot of nerve endings, which can give rise to some discomfort – then it’s good to remember the adage “The honey is worth the sting…”
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Some plans do… please check with your insurance carrier. See the logistics tab.